Thursday, January 28, 2010

Crazy Scrapbooker!


This is the year for Elissa to be a totally wild scrapbooker! I know, I said my New Years Resolution is to do at least 52 layouts with pictures. Well....that might be an understatement. Since I only put pictures in a handful of layouts last year, I need to put pictures on all of those pages. I have been going crazy the month of January putting pictures on pages.

I have about 20 or so pictures to post, but I have decided to do in phases, so that I don't get overwhelmed and you don't get bored with my blog. LOL!!

This post consists of pictures from 2006. We had a FOUR generation photo shoot. This was the first time that Grandma and Grandpa Grimes met Kylie. It was also the first time we were all together with all of our children (the last time we took a family photo, Tim and I didn't have children) to take a photograph.

I asked a family friend if she would be so kind as to take the pictures. She loves to scrapbook and take pictures as much as I so she was thrilled we asked for her assistance.

I had talked about getting together for a couple of years, but everyone always seemed so busy. Well, this time (summer 2006), I wasn't backing down and I am glad I didn't. Grandpa had been put in a nursing home. Alzheimer's hit him very hard, quickly. He was diagnosed with Alzheimer's and Dimentia in the summer of 2003 to failing quickly 2 years later. Grandpa passed away 3 months after we took these photos. Along with Grandpas failing health, Grandma started to lose her eyesight around the same time Grandpa was diagnosed. Grandma was completely blind before she ever got to see Cameron or Kylie (born 2003 and 2005). Grandpa went from a sharp heavy man to a frail "old" man in just a quick time. Grandma used to love to sit outside and watch the birds and the kids play in the yard. She doesn't like to leave her house now. It makes me so sad - she is still in good health. Although, she is showing signs of Alzheimers disease, also.




No comments:

Post a Comment